|Autumn walk in Seattle's Carkeek Park|
Plenty of work, for which I am grateful, is keeping me from blogging as much as I’d like. In the meantime, I’m challenging myself to list at least 10 Pacific Northwest things I’m grateful for today.
So here’s my challenge to you – please reflect for a moment and then leave a comment below with a few things on your gratitude list.
Here's my list, which just got me warmed up:
1. Carkeek Park in north Seattle, where I can walk in a lowland forest and see salmon spawning.
2. The Panama Hotel, Miro, and Zen Dog teahouses, for their fine tea and soothing ambiance.
|Brewing tea in a gaiwan at Zen Dog Studio Teahouse|
4. Washington State ferries—love those ferry trips across Puget Sound.
|Riding the Bainbridge Island ferry across Elliott Bay|
6. Crystal Mountain’s South Back on a clear day with fresh, cold snow.
|Silver Basin in Crystal's South Backcountry|
8. Sourdough Speaker series weekends at the North Cascades Institute.
9. Our remaining patches of old growth forest, may they remain a sanctuary for all.
10. The craggy awesomeness of our snow-covered volcanoes on a clear day.
11. Our local organic farmers, bless them for their hard work and bounty.
Oh my, once I got started it was hard to stop.May you treasure each moment and savor each bite. Happy Thanksgiving!